Creative Room has never sold your information to any third party for advertising, monetary purpose or showing you other people’s ads and promotions, and we never will. This has been our approach and commitment for almost 20 years, and we remain the same to it. This policy explain you what information we do collect from you, what we do with it, who can access it, and what you can do about it.
We are in the service business and doesn’t have a tangible item to deliver. So there is no chance of missing or misplacement of any item. Our deliverables are in form of designs file, software code & compiled application. These deliverable are delivered to you in the form of electronic files using our collaboration tool or email. Thereafter you have to save a copy of provided electronic files on your server or on any storage media. Up-to 30 days from delivery date Creative Room Inc can re-deliver the electronic files to you, thereafter Creative Room Inc doesn’t owe the responsibility.
All cancellation requests must be submitted to the Project Management Office (PMO) of Creative Room. You may submit your cancellation requests by email. Your request will not be considered valid unless and until you receive confirmation from our Project Management Office.
- We take a minimum of 2 weeks to process the cancellation request.
- The project’s cancellation is based on service level agreement, as agreed with you while starting the project.
- Once a project is released for beta delivery, cannot be cancelled.
- In the event of cancellation of the project mutually decided between you & Creative Room, you have to pay for efforts invested in a project up to date of cancellation.
- Source Code, Design or any other material related to project will not be delivered if you do not settle the payment.
Creative Room believes in helping its customers as much as possible and has, therefore, a considerate cancellation policy. We, as a merchant, provide a service that comes in the form of assistance. As such, our offering is not a tangible product that can be returned for a refund. It can be used immediately upon receipt; there is no product to return.
- Creative Room undertakes all projects under the preview of Milestones that dictate the direction / road-map followed by the project.
- All Web Design/ Development/ Applications are carried out and accepted upon a complete analysis and creation of an entire scope document to ensure that teams fully understand the work needed to be done, eliminating possibilities of a project cancellation/reversal/dispute.
- Since Creative Room and the Clientele realize that there is work involved in achieving every milestone of the project and completing every module, a refund would not be possible for the work already completed.
- Creative Room makes sure that in case of a project termination on a mutual basis, the client has control of all the work done till that date and the money, if paid for further development, is returned.
- Creative Room also respects a decision made by a client to work with a different provider within 48 hours of the project initiation. In such a scenario, Creative Room would refund the amount for the project that has been paid till date.
- No cancellations are entertained for those Services that the Creative Room marketing team has offered on special occasions. These are limited occasion offers, and therefore cancellations are not possible.
- Development Services and Consulting – if the services opted by you are T&M (Time & Material) based services or Hire Dedicated Developer service; these are non-refundable.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Do Not Track (DNT) requests
Some internet browsers have enabled ‘Do Not Track’ (DNT) features, which send out a signal (called the DNT signal) to the websites that you visit indicating that you don’t wish to be tracked. Currently, there is no standard that governs what websites can or should do when they receive these signals. For now, we do not take action in response to these signals.
External links on our websites
Blogs and forums
We offer publicly accessible blogs on our websites. Please be aware that any information you provide on these blogs may be used to contact you with unsolicited messages. We urge you to be cautious in disclosing personal information in our blogs and forums. Creative Room is not responsible for the personal information you elect to disclose publicly. Your posts and certain profile information may remain even after you terminate your account with Creative Room. To request the removal of your information from our blogs, you can contact us through this form.
Social media widgets
Our websites and blog include social media widgets such as Facebook “like” buttons and Twitter “tweet” buttons that let you share articles and other information. These widgets may collect information such as your IP address and the pages you navigate in the website, and may set a cookie to enable the widgets to function properly. Your interactions with these widgets are governed by the privacy policies of the companies providing them.
Purposes for using information
In addition to the purposes mentioned above, we may use your information for the following purposes:
- To keep you posted on new products and services, upcoming events, offers, promotions and other information that we think will be of interest to you;
- To ask you to participate in surveys, or to solicit feedback on our products and services;
- To set up and maintain your account, and to do all other things required for providing our services, such as enabling collaboration, requirement gathering, project development, and deployment of project;
- To understand how users use our products and services, to monitor and prevent problems, and to improve our products and services;
- To provide customer support, and to analyze and improve our interactions with customers;
- To detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, to report spam, and to protect the rights and interests of Creative Room users, third parties and the public;
- To update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you;
- To analyze trends, administer our websites, and track visitor navigations on our websites to understand what visitors are looking for and to better help them;
- To monitor and improve marketing campaigns and make suggestions relevant to the user.